How can I improve my digestion?

Get and give tips about eating better and become healthy.
UpperDiet

How can I improve my digestion?

Post by UpperDiet »

Constipation can have several causes. It is possible that you don't exercise enough, that you don't drink enough, that you eat too little fiber or that you don't drink enough water. Also an irregular lifestyle may cause constipation. It is useful to consider what causes your constipation so you can follow the right advice. Learn how you can improve your digestion by reading this article!

Drink plenty of water! Often this is the underlying cause of constipation. Drink at least 2 liters a day for a full week. Probably your bowel problems will be solved.

Besides drinking water, a lack of exercise can also cause constipation. So make sure that you exercise enough. Go talk a walk in your lunchbreak or go to the gym for three times a week.

Eat at regular times and do not skip meals. Also, make sure you eat plenty of fiber- rich foods and do this varied. So eat both bread and fruit and vegetables. To complement this, you can use two to four tablespoons of bran every day. Coarse bran are better than finely ground bran. Preferably use a large, high-fiber breakfast, for example, two whole wheat slices of bread with a glass of orange juice and coffee or tea. This puts the intestines into force. Only a yoghurt with muesli is not enough.

Chew your food well. Take time to eat and make a bite. Prevent that you just swallow the food without chewing it. This makes the food easier to digest .

Many people claim that eating kiwi and plum on an empty stomach upon waking well help with bowel movements.

Some foods may have a laxative effect. Examples include buttermilk, yogurt, gingerbread, moisture soaked dried fruit, rose hip syrup or juice .

High-fiber products are whole grain, rye, brown, dried grapes bread. Too coarse cereals such as barley, oatmeal, buckwheat, granola, wheat germ and bran are rich in fiber. This includes brown rice, dates, figs, nuts, peanuts, sesame and poppy seeds and legumes (white and brown beans, peas and lentils). Dried fruits like apricots, raisins, prunes and tutti frutti are also rich in fiber. Linseed also has a positive influence on the bowel movement!

Caution!
Laxatives never take away the cause of a blockage, they solve the problems only temporarily. Moreover, they can make the intestines 'lazy'. This also applies to "natural resources" as senna pods, herbal tea with senna, and castor oil. It is never healthy to regularly use laxatives.