Will Interest Rates Ever Go Up Again???

Economic system discussion.
EconoD

Will Interest Rates Ever Go Up Again???

Post by EconoD » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:38 pm

Here's an article from zero hedge that illustrates the point, but also, just from a mathematical point of view there would not be enough dollars in the system to pay for any interest rate increase, if you compare the debt to the available dollars, add a few percentage points and the interest would consume all the dollars in the money supply? Even with near zero interest rates the payments are enormous as the article shows. I saw a website where someone had worked this out, as soon as I find it I'll post an update.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-09-1 ... -cbo-chart

GN912457

Re: Will Interest Rates Ever Go Up Again???

Post by GN912457 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:42 pm

Will interest rates ever go up, forever is a very long time so they will have to one day. I would go so far as saying it is FACT that economy will be totally destroyed and the longer we carry on with status quo the harder the fall. I think we have totally destroyed the system there I no way out, even if Mark Carney wanted to build a better future for my kids, I don't think he can.

EconoD

Post by EconoD » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:22 pm

GN912457 wrote:Will interest rates ever go up, forever is a very long time so they will have to one day. I would go so far as saying it is FACT that economy will be totally destroyed and the longer we carry on with status quo the harder the fall. I think we have totally destroyed the system there I no way out, even if Mark Carney wanted to build a better future for my kids, I don't think he can.
Sounds like you want to watch the video by Jim Rickards, I posted on the other thread. Like I said there there's a sale on the end of it but he makes some interesting points and has some advice, which you will have to weigh up for yourself:

GN912457

Post by GN912457 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:35 pm

Oh I have just replied to that post already watched it and read both books, it was kind of a joke really will interest rate be this low in 2114 I doubt it, will there be a human race still here in 2114 debatable. :D

GN912457

Post by GN912457 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:44 pm

SDR's are going to be a sticky plaster and devaluation against the SDR by all countries will be absolutely devastating to the average joe blogs, the decrease in the standard of living to average people will feel like some sort of genocide.

MaxcoinBeliever

Post by MaxcoinBeliever » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:25 pm

Interest rates will go up when the bone sell off begins. There is nowhere to go from 0% but up. Bonds are at a ridiculous price. Even junk bonds are yielding tiny percentages! The only way to stop it is to go full Weimar or Zimbabwe and buy everything. Bond defaults will help this along if it begins.

MaxcoinBeliever

Post by MaxcoinBeliever » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:56 am

MaxcoinBeliever wrote:Interest rates will go up when the bone sell off begins. There is nowhere to go from 0% but up. Bonds are at a ridiculous price. Even junk bonds are yielding tiny percentages! The only way to stop it is to go full Weimar or Zimbabwe and buy everything. Bond defaults will help this along if it begins.
Or a bond sell off rather. God help us when the bone sell off begins :D

GN912457

Post by GN912457 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:06 pm

ha ha never noticed that until you corrected yourself :D :D