How to prepare a healthy chicken dish?

Get and give tips about eating better and become healthy.
Michael Shan

How to prepare a healthy chicken dish?

Post by Michael Shan » Wed May 10, 2017 6:58 am

Reports say that when a person eats non-veg for the first time, he obviously starts with chicken. It is not only a safe food to begin but also a healthy food. Chicken can be called as a healthy or unhealthy food based on the way by which it is cooked. The freshness of chicken is also an important factor.
Try to reduce the use of frozen chicken as it contains a lot of preservatives which often leads to health issues.

Here are a few health benefits of having chicken:
1. Build muscles
2. Increases appetite
3. Keeps bones healthy
4. Improves immunity
5. Helps children grow

One of the main misconceptions about chicken is that it has cholesterol. Although it has cholesterol, on the other hand, it has Niacin which helps in lowering the cholesterol. Chicken is also rich in a mineral called selenium. This selenium cuts the risks of developing arthritis at later stages of life.

When you prepare chicken, try to reduce the use of excess oil and butter. Try to grill chicken and have it. There are a lot of health benefits to cooking your food on the grill versus on the stove or oven. Here is an easy recipe for a grilled chicken that I tried last week. It took hardly 20 min as preparation time and its taste was awesome. Just try it.
1. Place the washed chicken breasts in a large sealable bag. Add 1 cup fat-free Italian dressing and close in a bowl. Marinate for 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Cut up peppers into big chunks, and zucchini into big slices. Put into another sealable bag. Coat with leftover dressing.
3. Grill chicken and dehydrated vegetables over medium heat.

This was the recipe that I got from a cooking site but added my own modifications. I would like to give a small tip which is to use aluminum foil to keep the food moist, to cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.