Donald Trump: torture works; waterboarding is fine!

Political discussions.
Bjorn

Donald Trump: torture works; waterboarding is fine!

Post by Bjorn » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:01 am

America is becoming a worse place.
Donald Trump wrote:Waterboarding? I will absolutely back it and is ready to do even more!

Don't tell me it doesn't work. Torture works, OK folks?

But we should go much stronger than waterboarding. That's the way I feel. They're chopping off heads. Believe me, we should go much stronger because our country's in trouble, we're in danger. We have people that want to do really bad things... Waterboarding is fine, but it's not nearly tough enough

Sophie

Re: Donald Trump: torture works; waterboarding is fine!

Post by Sophie » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:11 pm

Michael Hayden, Former Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) Director wrote:We never did anything to anyone because they deserved it.

This was never looking backward. This was trying to keep Americans safe looking forward. People can argue about what we did, but it was never, never a form of punishment.

Strafa4tje

Post by Strafa4tje » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:12 pm

A Senate report in December 2014 revealed that the CIA has used a wide array of torture as part of its interrogation methods against prisoners at the US military prison in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

HolmesL

Post by HolmesL » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:45 pm

Donald Trump's call for actions that surpass waterboarding is immensely alarming and right now it's definitely becoming harder to tell if he has a chance of winning or not. Either way, the political landscape has been changed forever