Pope Francis questioned Trump's Christianity

Political discussions.
Meconomy153
Site Admin

Pope Francis questioned Trump's Christianity

Post by Meconomy153 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:38 am

Pope has publicly questioned US Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump's Christianity.
Pope Francis wrote:A person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not Christian. This is not in the gospel.

I say only that this man is not Christian if he has said things like that.

We must see if he said things in that way and in this I give the benefit of the doubt.

Vrolijk

Re: Pope Francis questioned Trump's Christianity

Post by Vrolijk » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:41 am

Trump fired back at the Pope. :(
Donald Trump wrote:This is disgraceful. For a religious leader to question a person’s faith is disgraceful. I'm proud to be a Christian and as president -- I will not allow Christianity to be consistently attacked and weakened, unlike what is happening now with our current president.

No leader, especially a religious leader, should have the right to question another man’s religion and faith.

The Mexican government has made many disparaging remarks about me to the Pope.

If and when the Vatican is attacked by ISIS [Daesh], which as everyone knows is ISIS's ultimate trophy, I can promise you that the Pope would have only wished and prayed that Donald Trump would have been president.

I think that the Pope doesn't understand the problems our country has. I don't think he understands the danger of the open border that we have with Mexico.

Vakantieboeker

Post by Vakantieboeker » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:43 am

Pope wrote:Thank God he said I was a politician because Aristotle defined the human person as 'animal politicus.' So at least I am a human person.

As to whether I am a of Mexican government pawn, well, maybe, I don't know. I'll leave that up to your judgment and that of the people.
:P

Bjorn

Post by Bjorn » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:54 am

Oh oh.

Donald Trump has taken a slightly less offensive line on Pope Francis :lol:
Pope Francis wrote:The Pope has a lot of personality. He's very different, he's a very different kind of a guy, and I think he's doing a very good job. A lot of energy.

The Pope Francis was misinformed when condemned my proposed wall between the US and Mexico.

Alonzosfus

Pope Francis questioned Trumps Christianity

Post by Alonzosfus » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:57 am

As a non religious person I see Pope Francis as a shining example of what organized religion can do.

He is much more of what I think a religious leader should be. I cant help thinking that certain people who elected him Pope are starting to regret it.