Obama: Donald Trump will never be elected as US president

Political discussions.
Bjorn

Obama: Donald Trump will never be elected as US president

Post by Bjorn » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:51 pm

Barack Obama wrote:I continue to believe Trump will not be president. And the reason is that I have a lot of faith in the American people. Being president is a serious job. It's not hosting a talk show, or a reality show.

The American electorate will never pick him because they recognize that being president is a serious job.

The presidency isn't a matter of pandering and doing whatever will get you in the news on a given day. And sometimes, it requires you making hard decisions even when people don't like it.

KCS

Trump: Obama is the worst president in US history

Post by KCS » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:56 pm

Of course we have also a response:
Donald Trump wrote:Obama is the worst president in US history. Interesting how President Obama so haltingly said I 'would never be president' - This from perhaps the worst president in US history.

It is a great compliment to be censured by a president who had done so much damage to the country.

He has done such a lousy job as president. You're lucky I didn't run last time when Romney ran because you would have been a one-term president

KCS

Donald Trump spews racist and fascist views to attract more support

Post by KCS » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:12 pm

Donald Trump is an extreme version of the American society and spews racist and fascist views to attract more support:

- Trump says he would deport 11 million undocumented workers from the United States and would establish a deportation force for this purpose.
- He has also promised to expel undocumented immigrants and build a wall on the US-Mexico border.
- He has proposed repealing the constitutional right to citizenship of anyone born on US soil.
- Trump has also created a furor in the US and around the world by proposing a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States.
- Trump has also called for a database to track Muslims across the United States, and he has also said that the US would have absolutely no choice but to close down mosques.
Daniel Patrick Welch, political commentator wrote:Trump is an extreme version of how America views itself. Let’s be honest, Americans are some of the most dumbed-down and racist persons on the face of the Earth.

The reason Trump will fail to attract enough votes in the upcoming elections is that his racist following is not large enough. But still this does not mean that Americans are sensible. Trump is too extreme and too racist.

The crimes, the fabrication and exaggerating and the sensationalization of immigrant crime is deeply deeply symptomatic of a fundamentally-held racism that gives rise to all sorts of crazy conspiracy theories.

It is an openly fascist way of thought to say that Mexicans are stealing our jobs, and black people are scary and they are here to take our women and to take our stuff.

When people talk about Trump can’t be elected, I think that is true that he is too extreme and too racist, but you have to back up and look all the overlap between what is going on all around the world.

A significant sector of society favors Trump’s racist views, there is also a significant sector who reject his ideas.