Trump exposing Bush family’s role in 9/11

Political discussions.
Sophie

Post by Sophie » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:51 am

US Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump continues to expose the Bush family’s role in the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.

On a heated exchange between Bush and Trump during the ninth Republican presidential debate on Saturday night Trump blamed Jeb’s brother, former US President George W. Bush, for the collapse of the World Trade Center and the death of 3,000 Americans in New York on September 11, 2001.
Trump wrote:The World Trade Center came down during your brother’s reign, remember that.
Jeb Bush wrote:I am sick and tired of him [Trump] going after my family.
Marco Rubio wrote:At least on behalf of me and my family, I thank God all the time it was George W. Bush in the White House on 9/11 and not Al Gore. And you can — I think you can look back in hindsight and say a couple of things, but he kept us safe.
Trump wrote:How did he keep us safe when the World Trade Center - excuse me - I lost hundreds of friends. The World Trade Center came down during the reign of George Bush. He kept us safe? That is not safe. That is not safe, Marco. That is not safe.

Vrolijk

Trump faults the George WB Bush for launching a war with Iraq

Post by Vrolijk » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:45 pm

Trump faults the former president for launching a war with Iraq:
Trump said on CBS’s Face the Nation wrote:I am not blaming [President Bush], although... the CIA said there was a lot of information that something like that was going to happen. I’m not blaming anybody. It’s a tragedy.
Trump said Sunday on NBC News wrote:The war was a disaster. No, not to be impeached, but... it was a mistake.
Trump wrote:9/11 was worse than Pearl Harbor because you're talking about civilians. Now, could he [Bush] have done something about it? His CIA knew about things happening... but when Jeb gets up and says, we were safe under his brother, we weren't safe.
Trump wrote:I'm not blaming anybody for saying there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, which turned out to be false. I'm just saying he [Bush] went in there, he thought there were weapons of mass destruction, maybe or maybe he didn't. If he knew that there weren't weapons of mass destruction and if he used that as an excuse to go in and try to make up for some sins for previous years then it would be a lie.

Bush's decision to push for the war in Iraq was a disaster that may lead to the destruction of Europe because of migrants fleeing the region.

We would have been so much better off if Bush and the rest of them went to the beach and didn't do anything. If you had Saddam Hussein, he was a bad guy and all of that, but he made a living off killing terrorists. Now if you want to become a terrorist you go to Iraq. That's like the Harvard of terrorism.

Sophie

Re: Trump exposing Bush family’s role in 9/11

Post by Sophie » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:43 pm

Yes! A big fat mistake!
Trump during a CBS Republican primary debate in Greenville, South Carolina on Saturday wrote:Obviously the war in Iraq is a big fat mistake. George Bush made a mistake. We all make mistakes. But that one was a beauty... They lied! They said there were weapons of mass destruction. And there were none.

Bjorn

Trump is a unreliable man

Post by Bjorn » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:23 pm

Alonzosfus

Post by Alonzosfus » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:10 am

I do not know about you but I sure hope that Trumps behavior yesterday takes away votes and gives them Marco or Ted. Trump seemed very angry yesterday and just plain attacked Jeb Bush and even his brother. Trump blamed 911 on George W. Bush which was completely uncalled for. Trump also publicly called Ted a liar multiple times. Although he may lead in the polls the voters have not yet voted. What say you?