Johnson: UK has a lot to do before it leaves EU

Political discussions.
Ursula

Johnson: UK has a lot to do before it leaves EU

Post by Ursula » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:47 pm

Johnson said last week London would begin the formal process for leaving the EU-block early next year by triggering Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty under which London can leave the EU after a two-year negotiations period. But the United Kingdom has a great deal of work to do before it can leave the European Union, Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson says.
Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson told the BBC on Sunday wrote: I think the crucial thing is that obviously we are not going to do it before Christmas and I think we've got to do a lot of work to get our ducks in order and that is going on.

I think ... what everybody wants ... is clarity and getting on with it. And not letting the process drag on is the key phrase I would use.
Johnson also talked about immigrants, reiterating that Britain must regain control of immigration through the split form the EU.
Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson told the BBC on Sunday wrote:I want skilled and talented people to come to the UK if they want ... to fulfill their dreams in our country. Then I have no problem with that provided that we have control.

I think for 25 years UK business and industry have been mainlining immigration like a kind of drug without actually investing enough, or caring enough frankly, about the skills and the training of young people in our country.

Sherping

Re: Johnson: UK has a lot to do before it leaves EU

Post by Sherping » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:32 am

A lot to do like what? It will be interesting to see what happens.