How can I get maxcoins?

Maxcoin frequently asked questions.
Meconomy153
Site Admin

How can I get maxcoins?

Post by Meconomy153 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:34 pm

There are a variety of ways to get maxcoins. You can simply accept the coins as a payment or you can buy maxcoins.

The most common way to buy maxcoins are the Maxcoin exchanges. On these exchanges you can use Bitcoins or another currency to buy maxcoins.

There are several exchanges where you can trade maxcoins.

Another way to get maxcoins is to participate in a mining pool. If you have a lot of mining hardware, you can solo mine and attempt to create a new block.

Bjorn

Re: How can I get maxcoins?

Post by Bjorn » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:42 pm

Who or what is the garrantor of the exchange?

Crypto currencies are fine, but if there is no insurance for the transaction and ability to seek redress in a failed transaction or exchange, I remain skeptical. It seems that the big banks will eventually move into the cryptocurrency area as well, to either insure or profit in some other way.

Jamal

Re: How can I get maxcoins?

Post by Jamal » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:47 pm

No guarantor! And that's a good thing.

The free market acts as your guarantor as crap exchanges like Mt. Gox go under to be replaced by safer ones. I keeped my maxcoins at MCXNOW - it's the best exchange I've used but I still understand no exchange is absolutely risk free.

Before I've got more MAX than I could bare to lose I'll put half in a wallet and spread the rest around a couple more exchanges to be safe(r).

Loving the feeling of NOT being babied and protected by the state.

Maxcoin is my business, my responsibility, my gain/loss. Nothing to do with those f******s.

Meconomy153
Site Admin

How to buy maxcoins?

Post by Meconomy153 » Sun May 03, 2015 3:52 pm

Maxcoin is getting hotter and hotter every second. Every day thousands of new people embrace Maxcoin. But how do you buy maxcoins?

1. The first step to buying maxcoins is to buy bitcoins. Once your bitcoins arrives in your wallet (which can take some time beceause Bitcoin is much slower than Maxcoin), you can start looking to invest in Maxcoin.

2. Visit and Sign up / register for an account at an exchange where you can trade bitcoins for maxcoins.

3. Once you’re signed up and logged in click BTC. Send the amount of bitcoin you want to transfer to the Deposit address. Once again, it may take some time for bitcoins to show up in your mcxNOW account. (To be clear: Maxcoin transfers are essentially instantaneous. But Bitcoin transactions can take from 10 minutes up to days. This is why more people love Maxcoin). Click Refresh once your bitcoins are arrived.

4. Go in your account to the Overview page and add MAX to your account as currency.

5. Go to the Maxcoin trading page. Here you’ll see a widget where you can enter the amount of maxcoins you want to buy with your bitcoins. Finally, click the “Submit Buy” button. And the Maxcoins are yours.

Warning: nobody should buy into any digital currency with more money than they can afford to lose due to their volatility.